MSA Driving Medicals
Welcome to the surreyhealthcare.com Motor Sports Association Competition License page. We at Surrey Health Care Ltd have a longstanding interest in motor sport and therefore understand the sometimes confusing nature of the regulations, especially if interested in international competition or truck/kart racing. In order to simplify things we have created a table to explain what is required for you to compete in your chosen discipline.
|Medical||Resting ECG||Stress ECG|
|International over 45 yrs of age||Every year||Every other year|
|International under 45 yrs||Every year||Every other year|
|Race, Truck or Kart over 45 yrs||Every year|
|Race, Truck or Kart 18-45 yrs||On first application only|
(It is also recommended to have a tetanus vaccination every 10 years. Your GP can tell you when you last had one).
A racing medical (with ECG if required) can be completed at our base at St. John's Health Centre or at the Nuffield Health Woking Hospital. However due to the strict guidelines of section 11.1.13 of the race license rules, the stress ECG would have to be performed at the Nuffield Health Woking Hospital.
- Racing medical £100
- Racing medical plus ECG (if normal) £160
- Racing medical plus ECG (requiring specialist advice) £160 + additional costs from specialist opinion if required
- Racing medical plus stress ECG £450
(All prices are inclusive of VAT)
When attending the appointment could you please bring with you the following:
- Photo identification (passport or photo driving licence)
- MSA medical form
- Details of past medical history and prescription medications
- Glasses if needed for driving (for eyesight test)
- A full bladder for urine specimen collection!
For more details about the MSA including application forms and regulations please visit the MSA website