Racing Medicals

Welcome to the Motor Sports Association Competition License page. We at Surrey Health Care Ltd have a longstanding interest in motor sport and therefore understand the sometimes confusing nature of the regulations, especially if interested in international competition or truck/kart racing. In order to simplify things we have created a table to explain what is required for you to compete in your chosen discipline.

MedicalResting ECGStress ECG
International over 45 yrs of ageEvery yearEvery other year
International under 45 yrsEvery yearEvery other year
Race, Truck or Kart over 45 yrsEvery year
Race, Truck or Kart 18-45 yrsOn first application only

(It is also recommended to have a tetanus vaccination every 10 years. Your GP can tell you when you last had one).

A racing medical (with ECG if required) can be completed at our base at St. John's Health Centre or at the Nuffield Health Woking Hospital. However due to the strict guidelines of section 11.1.13 of the race license rules, the stress ECG would have to be performed at the Nuffield Health Woking Hospital. 

(If you have had a previous cardiac problem then the Nuffield Health Woking Hospital would require you to have a normal ECG within the last 6 months before initiating the stress ECG for safety reasons. This can be performed on the day at the Nuffield, but we would recommend getting an ECG done wth your NHS GP and sending it to us in advance so that we could confirm the Nuffield were happy to proceed with the stress ECG).

Price list

  • Racing medical £100
  • Racing medical plus ECG (if normal) £160
  • Racing medical plus ECG (requiring specialist advice) £160 + additional costs from specialist opinion if required
  • Racing medical plus stress ECG £450

(All prices are inclusive of VAT)

When attending the appointment could you please bring with you the following:

  • Photo identification (passport or photo driving licence)
  • MSA medical form
  • Details of past medical history and prescription medications
  • Glasses if needed for driving (for eyesight test)
  • A full bladder for urine specimen collection!

For more details about the MSA including application forms and regulations please visit the MSA website


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website