At Surrey Health Care LTD we specialise in the microsuction technique of removing earwax. This is widely known to be the safest and most effective method of wax removal with no need for weeks of softening with oil. The procedure commonly takes a few minutes for each ear. Occasionally in some unusual cases ear syringing can still be effective and we may still recommend and use this procedure where appropriate.
Safety is paramount and the procedure should always be comfortable and pain free. Your procedure will be completed by one of our Clinicians qualified in ear microsuction.
Whilst the procedure is safe there are a few contraindications listed below. If you have any questions, our staff would be happy to help with your enquiries.
- Balance problems, Meniere’s disease or vertigo within the last 30 days
- Variable hearing loss (not associated with earwax) within the last 30 days
- Discharging ears where the discharge contains blood
- Recent perforations within the last 90 days
- An inability to hold the head still (e.g. uncontrollable shaking)
Earwax removal for both ears costs only £70.
If you would like this procedure we would ask you to use olive oil drops in both ears for a week before the procedure. We can perform microsuction after only a few days of oiling but this would not guarantee success and a further appointment might be required at the standard charge.